Hickman Security was founded by the late Lafe Hickman in 1992 after he retired from the police force. When Lafe's health began to decline, he enlisted his daughter Julie and son-in-law Francisco to take the ropes, which they did in 2006. In 2007, the company changed its name from Hickman's Nightwatch Security to Hickman Security.
Lafe Hickman believed in a no-nonsense approach where you get the job done right the first time. He believed in being upfront with the customer, no matter what, and that every customer and client should be treated like a family member.
We don't just hire anyone! Our guards are trained in
- CPR and first aid
- P.O.S.T. certified ( Peace Officer Standards and training)
- Fire safety and prevention
- Defensive tactics
- Proper use of force
- Recognition of suspicious persons
- Basic security awareness skills
- Report writing
- Basic computer skills
- Mediation skills for disruptive or combative person(s)
- Crowd control tactics
- Detecting maintenance hazards
- Evacuation procedures
- Emergency reaction skills
- Crime scene preservation
- Criminal justice basics
- Laws of arrest
- Searching techniques
Additionally, our security professionals are P.O.S.T (Peace Officer Standards and Training) certified and are required to pass a medical exam, drug test, and general background investigation per State Ordinances. All officers have obtained a Merchant Guard Card to work as a security officer, as well.
Our armed security guards also have the following qualifications:
- Officers annually qualified by a certified NRA range instructor, at an approved State range, for a CCW certificate.
- Officers trained in retention techniques, for increased ability and awareness to maintain control of the firearm, for prevention of the firearm from being in the possession of unauthorized users.
- Officers trained in firearms safety and proper transportation and storage information as well as firearms maintenance and cleaning.
Get in touch
At Hickman Security, we know your time is valuable and your needs are important. Be in touch and we'll make arrangements to suit your schedule and create the best plan of action to provide you with Denver's best private security services.